Getting flagged for sending out too many friend requests on Facebook?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TH55, Nov 8, 2013.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I just started an account and am friending a lot of people. At this point almost everyone I friend has multiple mutuals.

Recently I tried to add someone with whom I didn't share any mutuals and I was prompted with a warning advising me that friend requests were only for people you know, and asking me "do you know this person?" I clicked yes to continue w the invite but it then took me to a red message saying it couldn't be processed bc requests are only for people you know.

Do I have to go thru now and cancel all of my friend requests? Or do they not alert anyone as long as I have mutuals? If this is the case can I keep sending them as long as I have mutual friends?

I sent a response saying I felt I had received the message in error and explained my situation.

2. Stewart21 macrumors regular

In what way is this appropriate to an iPhone forum?

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Bc most people use their iPhone for Facebook

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

People ask lots of questions not directly related to Apple products on here, especially in the community discussion forum where this is. (If a mod moved it here from the iPhone forum then I get what you're saying)

And for the OP, probably just wait a bit, it's probably just seeing that you are sending out a lot of friend requests all at once and is worried that you are a spammer. Give it a week or two and you should be able to send them again.

5. malman89 macrumors 68000

The only thought I had was either too many people - or just this person in particular - saw your friend request, denied, and then followed up with the "Do not know this person" option. I wouldn't be surprised if you got that notice if they already denied a request or too many people have done so.

6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Do I really have to wait a week or two??

7. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

8. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

You could always contact FB instead of questioning the responses of an Apple forum that likely knows only slightly more than you about the technicalities of FB rules and regulations.