Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dusanv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
Anyone know how to get the fourth and fifth buttons (thumb buttons) to act as back/forth buttons in Firefox/Safari? Thanks.

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
You could always just install Steermouse or USB Overdrive (Google 'em); they both allow you to map mouse buttons to do pretty much whatever action you want. Otherwise, see if your mouse came with any drivers that would let you do the same thing (Kensington Mouseworks, Logitech Control Center, etc. depending on your mouse brand).

dusanv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
It's a Logitech MX 518 and they have a piece of software for it (Control Center). I like the mouse but I'm hesitant to put in the software on the Mac. Why the heck is it a 12.4 MB download? I see lots of people complaining about it and some saying the uninstaller doesn't work...

dusanv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 1, 2006
OK, I decided to bite the bullet and installed the Logitech Control Center (2.11). Upon restart it said it couldn't find any Logitech devices (Logitech mouse on a Mac Pro). Figures. I'll try Steermouse/USB overdrive.

EvryDayImShufln

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2006
I have the same mouse and use USB Overdrive, it works well but since I haven't payed for it I always have this annoying popup when I start the computer. Oh well better than spending 30 bucks to have 2 extra buttons.

If the authors put more reasonable prices (less for something as simple as this), aka 5$, I would no doubt pay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.