getting free ipod touch after purchase of macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrmayor92, Jul 20, 2009.

1. mrmayor92 macrumors 6502

hi i just purchased my MBP about a month and a half ago and i did the college discount thing and i was wondering if i could get the ipod touch after i bought the laptop.... i did a search on this and i couldnt find anything sorry if theres another thread about it... thanks:)

2. klee1987 macrumors regular

no, you have to buy as the same time. i think

anyone please correct me if i am wrong

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

A month and a half puts your purchase at about June 5; can't remember exactly when the BTS promo began, but I'd say that's close enough that it is worth calling your local store and asking. You've got nothing to lose.

4. mrmayor92 thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah youve got a point... i dont know what the exact date was but i know the promo was going on but i just didnt have an extra 200 dollars to be dishing out after a huge purchase like this.... i just wish they would just give you the ipod touch haha

5. dozybolox13 macrumors newbie

6. crackbookpro macrumors 65816

crackbookpro

definitely, the same time...but, in your time frame - I would make a call, and tell them you are a loyal customer, and see if they will/can do anything.

...they might might an exception, or do "something" for you!

7. aprofetto macrumors 6502a

aprofetto

I would call the store you bought it from.

Last year, I bought a macbook a week before the promo started, when I found out about the promo I nearly cried myself to sleep.

So I called the store where I bought it, ready to hoot and hollar, and the manager was very friendly and said to bring the receipt back in and he would do it.

Good luck!

8. Diode macrumors 68020

Diode

I know with the Online store you can call back and amend your original order to add things to get the promo. The online rep mentioned this to me when I declined the free printer (Basically saying I could call back any time the promo is still valid and amend the printer to my original order to receive the promo)

I'm not sure if you can do this in store but if you still have your receipt it's worth a shot.

9. w00tini macrumors 6502a

just remember that you actually have to pay for the iTouch.

you are paid back up to $299 by doing a mail in rebate with them. they don't just hand you a free itouch

10. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

It is worth a try- my mother-in-law ordered a Mac Book Air and declined the iPod offer...I know...stupid...but anyway when she told me I said what were you thinking...she called back three or four days later and got the iPod added to her order. (Note- it had not yet shipped I don't think)

I also had her call back two weeks later when they updated and lowered the price and they gave her like $400 bucks back or something like that and they took care of her rebate for her online. Great customer service.

Just call and speak nicely but tell them your loyalty and situation and they may be able to do something. Don't forget about the free printer offer too.:)