getting gmail thru mobil me?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by lowonthe456, Jun 10, 2009.

1. lowonthe456 macrumors 6502

i set up gmail to use POP, used pop.gmail.com as incoming server but still get errors getting gmail in my mobil me web interface......anyone help me?

2. paulbeattie87 macrumors regular

For some reason Apple don't allow authenticated POP3 on MobileMe, it's weird I know but moan to them.

The best way to get around this is by logging into your Gmail account, going to settings at the top, clicking on POP/IMAP & Forwarding and forward all e-mail to your MobileMe account. Been doing this for a while now without any problems

3. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

4. lowonthe456 thread starter macrumors 6502

interesting...so from the mail interface in me.com you can receive your gmail emails? i was under the assumption that mobilme was pop only...

5. lowonthe456 thread starter macrumors 6502

care to share how you got imap to work? i tried and must not have it set right
    :eek:

6. Dizle macrumors 6502

I just have my gmail forwarded to Mobile Me and I still get it instantly on my iphone.

Only thing is it doesnt do anything with the mail in my gmail inbox so every once in a while I'll log onto gmail and archive all mail.

7. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

Same, and it's not ideal. (You know you can automatically archive forwarded messages?)

Actually, I just set it up so Gmail forwards to Me, and Me forwards to Gmail.
    Luckily it doensn't forward ad infinitum:
    a message sent to Gmail is forwarded to Me, end of.
    But a message sent to Me is forwarded to Gmail and then back to Me, so it appears twice in Me. Meh.
    But since Gmail is my primary service, I'm fine with this, and I get all my emails in all my accounts giving me freedom to roam ^_^