Getting hi-res from store...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by emir, Apr 16, 2010.

1. emir macrumors 6502a

emir

Hey everyone, i am planning to get the 2.4 GHz i5, 15" MacBook Pro this summer, but i don't live in the USA. So my uncle's friend is going to bring me one and we will pay him. Thing is i want the high-res model, is that a thing that can be done in a store? Or does he order it in store, i mean tell them, pay them and get couple days later. How does it work?

p.s. i know there are stock problems right now, because it is new and everyone is getting it. But consider i will be getting it at the first days of July. I hope there won't be any stock shortages by then.

2. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Typically only the higher-end models are stocked in-store in BTO configurations such as hi-res or anti-glare.

3. emir thread starter macrumors 6502a

emir

haha Bill Gates, nice one.

OK so what do i have to do to get a customized model, i mean high-res 15" 2.4 i5? Besides buying online, from store i mean.

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

You might get lucky and find a store that will stock that configuration, but from what I've been reading on these forums, stores are typically only stocking the 2.66GHz Core i7 15" and the baseline 17" Core i5 model with the high-res anti-glare screen in-store. I haven't heard of models with the high-res glossy display being stocked in-store. I don't know if stores can process custom orders or not. Someone else will have to chime in on that one.

5. pinksatin macrumors member

pinksatin

I custom ordered my 15" i7 hi-res glossy MBP this morning online... Because my apple store said they only stocked the hi-res in anti-glare... You can only do custom orders online... They have also delayed the custom orders to 5-7 business days online from 1-3 bus days yesterday.

6. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Stores won't carry an i5 model in hi-res. The only 15" hi-res they carry in store is the i7 with anti-glare.

7. Sir Cecil macrumors 6502a

Not so. I saw and was able to handle a 15" 2.53 high res glossy late yesterday which had just been put out for display at a local store, and was told they had stock which would be available for sale today (Friday).

8. Stangs55 macrumors 6502a

Stangs55

I called the Houston store about this today and they confirmed that the Hi-res models were not planned to be carried in-store any time soon.

9. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

Same with the Apple store here in NJ. Only the i7 hi-res glossy and anti-glare will be stocked in the store.

10. Z1NX macrumors member

Which store?