Getting Hotspot Shield to work on Snow Leopard?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by krystalocean, Feb 2, 2012.

1. krystalocean macrumors newbie

I used to use Hotspot Shield when I had tiger a few years ago and it worked perfectly... I just tried downloading it now and it won't stay open, the second I open it up I see the icon open but only for a split second and then it closes without any warning or anything. I'm running snow leopard and I've seen other people complain about this issue, and I've also seen people with lion using it... Someone please help me :confused:! Thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You don't need any 3rd party antivirus app to keep your Mac malware-free. Macs are not immune to malware, but no true viruses exist in the wild that can run on Mac OS X, and there never have been any since it was released over 10 years ago. You cannot infect your Mac simply by visiting a website, unzipping a file, opening an email attachment or joining a network. The only malware in the wild that can affect Mac OS X is a handful of trojans, which cannot infect your Mac unless you actively install them, and they can be easily avoided with some basic education, common sense and care in what software you install. Also, Mac OS X Snow Leopard and Lion have anti-malware protection built in, further reducing the need for 3rd party antivirus apps.

3. simsaladimbamba

The latest version of HotspotShield Free works quite good on my 10.6.8 Macs.
    Are you sure, you have the latest version?
    Does it also happen in another, even temporarily created, user account?

Mister GGJstudios, HSS is a proxy server, to watch US based content from outside the US, if the content is locked to only be watchable from inside the US.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I didn't know for which purpose the OP wanted it.
    ScreenCap 4.PNG