Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dookieman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
So I'm having a difficult time following this tutorial. https://github.com/processone/xmpp-messenger-ios

I get all good when installing via cocoapods but I can't get passed step 1. After I import xmpp_messenger_ios and a clean, I keep getting these errors:

Include of non-modular header inside framework module 'XMPPFramework.XMPPStream'
Include of non-modular header inside framework module 'XMPPFramework.XMPPLogging'
Could not build Objective-C module 'XMPPFramework'

Anyone help me out? I've been trying for hours to get past this first step....

tyche

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
I did this using a new Swift project using the latest Xcode. I got some errors but not what I think you got.

I tried the initial part and got it running. In my Podfile, I used 9.0 as the ios version instead of 8.0, did my pod init and opened the workspace project. Added the import in app delegate and doing a build fails with 2 code errors that xcode had recommended fixes which I took. It would not compile properly until I did a Project / Clean. Then it would build.

Dookieman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
I did this using a new Swift project using the latest Xcode. I got some errors but not what I think you got.

I tried the initial part and got it running. In my Podfile, I used 9.0 as the ios version instead of 8.0, did my pod init and opened the workspace project. Added the import in app delegate and doing a build fails with 2 code errors that xcode had recommended fixes which I took. It would not compile properly until I did a Project / Clean. Then it would build.

Ok. Let me give it shot. I appreciate your help!

Hmm I tried the setting the version to 9.0 and I am still getting the same errors....

This is on a fresh Swift project and you got it to compile? I wonder what in the world is wrong. Non of my friends or co-workers have been able to get this to build on a new project either. The weird thing is, I am able to compile the example project fine, but not a new one...

I wonder if some Xcode preferences are making a difference... What version of Cocoa pods are you using?

Last edited:

tyche

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2010
Code:
pod --version
1.0.0.beta.3

Podfile
Code:
platform :ios, '9.0'
use_frameworks!

target 'xx' do
pod "xmpp-messenger-ios"
end

Pod install
Code:
Analyzing dependencies
Downloading dependencies
Installing CocoaAsyncSocket (7.4.3)
Installing CocoaLumberjack (1.9.2)
Installing FMDB (1.5.1)
Installing JSQMessagesViewController (7.2.0)
Installing JSQSystemSoundPlayer (2.0.1)
Installing XMPPFramework (3.6.6)
Installing xmpp-messenger-ios (1.0.1)
Generating Pods project
Integrating client project

error building blank workspace (no import line)
Code:
.../Pods/xmpp-messenger-ios/Pod/Classes/OneChat.swift:134:44: Incorrect argument label in call (have 'withvCardStorage:', expected 'vCardStorage:')

.../Pods/xmpp-messenger-ios/Pod/Classes/OneChat.swift:135:48: Incorrect argument label in call (have 'withvCardTempModule:', expected 'vCardTempModule:')

Fixed with supplied suggestions

Clean Project, add line to appdelegate.swift
Code:
import xmpp_messenger_ios

Project builds

Is this were you fail?

Dookieman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
Yep, I tried 3 times and it's still not working for me. I wonder if there is something wrong with my Xcode?

Dookieman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
Well, long story short. I'm using the XMPPFramework directly rather than the Swift layer. I guess that gives more control.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.