Getting info back from my MB HHD.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fishtalk, May 23, 2009.

1. Fishtalk macrumors regular

The other day my house burnt down... searching through the rubble I found my Mac book which was a bit brown aound the edges but not totally destroyed... Obviously the fire dept hosed everthing down when putting the fire out. The int of the MB does'nt seem wet and it wasn't on when the fire happened... I was wondering IF ? I took out the HD and installed it in an exterior Fire/Wire casing. What are my chances that it could work.... or am I dreaming

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    It sounds like we're in "Wonderland" but I'd give it a shot, who knows!?! :)

P.S. Sorry about your situation! :(

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

You might want to hand the whole MacBook to a data recovery company and get them to look at it.

They'll be able to assess the damages and give you a quote on price and level of recovery.

It will probably cost a bit, but if the data on it are precious enough, it might be worth it.

A friend the family paid NOK 3000-4000 ≈ $475-630 to get his home folder back after a HD crash, and thought that was totally worth it. (He has backups, now, and has become more interested in my methods of off site backups, too, though... ;))

4. JustGretchen macrumors 6502