Getting Info from iPhone into iCal

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jhuskey24, Apr 26, 2010.

1. jhuskey24 macrumors newbie

Hey everybody, I just purchased my first mac, a refurbished mid-2009 MacBook Pro after being a PC user my whole life. So far, the transfer has gone great, but I'm having one minor hiccup with iCal.

I use my iPhone's calendar quite heavily for my job. My phone's calendar is synced to a Google calendar. I'm trying to get the information in my iPhone calendar into iCal using iTunes, and am having no luck. If I add something into iCal on my computer, it syncs into my phone, but I can't get the information already on my phone to sync into iCal.

Thanks a lot for your help.

2. jun180 macrumors regular

jun180

Congrats on your new mac! Connect your iphone, in itunes on the left under devices you'll see your iphone show up. After the sync is complete click on the info tab in the main screen and make sure the "sync ical calendars" option is ticked, make sure that either the "all calendars" or "selected calendar" radio button is pushed. Re-sync your phone & mac and your calendar should reflect the same thing as your phone.

3. jhuskey24 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, and thanks for the congratulations! It's great so far, the migration process is really going smoothly.

But about the calendar, what you described is exactly what I've been doing. It'll sync from the computer to the phone, but it won't take what's on the phone and put it in iCal.

4. jun180 macrumors regular

jun180

Ok well my hires i7 15" MBP arrived today and I went through the same steps as you to get my calendar/contacts synced from my iphone to my MBP.

I remember iTunes asking me if I wanted to merge my accounts after checking the sync calendar box for the first sync. I said yes to that, and it successfully transferred everything over. Have you updated itunes yet?