Getting into a magnet school

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eric55lv, Feb 8, 2008.

1. eric55lv Guest

eric55lv

So im getting into a magnet school and I applied for K.O. Knudson in the technogly part and there is and adution it bassicaly like they ask you questions about CPUs and MHz and GHz and stuff like that amd can you give me some adivse and tips and some stuff you know abot the stuff they are going to ask?I wil post what happened tommorow (its at 9am tommorow) Thanks and wish me luck!

2. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Your post makes no sense to me.

Would you punctuate your post so one can follow what you are trying to say.

3. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

Dude, how are you going to a magnet school if you cannot spell, proofread, or properly punctuate any of your sentences? Are you just lazy? My advice - don't be so sloppy during the interview/meeting, especially if you have to hand them anything written.

[EDIT]Just saw that you are 12. I should have been a little less harsh.[/EDIT]

4. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

And ... what the hell is a magnet school? :confused:

Do you actually have to be a magnet, or do you just have to have a horseshoe shaped head?

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No I do not excuse his failure to be able to form complete sentences because of his age. At 12 he should be able to articulate exactly what he needs help with in terms of his choice of schools. Since he doesn't appear to be able to do that I do not believe a magnet school is the appropriate choice.

To the OP. I think the above advice is perfect. Don't be sloppy or lazy during the interview process.

6. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

A magnet school is a "specialty" public school. It might focus on technology, mathematics, performing arts, etc. The term "magnet" is basically a play on words because it draws students from outside the normal public defined school districts; therefore, students across districts and different high schools will attend the same magnet school. So instead of having a magnet school for each high school district, there might be just one per county, region, etc.

7. monke macrumors 65816

monke

I thought that you (no not you fridgeymonster3) had to be 13 years old to join this forum. :confused:

8. fridgeymonster3 macrumors 6502

fridgeymonster3

I'm not excusing his lack of punctuation or articulation because of his age; however, I am recognizing that due to his age my comments could have been less critical and more constructive. I just assumed he was of high school age.

Furthermore, even though he should be able to clearly write down his thoughts at the age of 12, there are millions of average americans with high school educations that cannot do so. I'm not saying you should lower your standards, but he's only a kid, who has the chance to learn and improve. He doesn't need to be an overly eloquent speaker/writer in the technology field; he only needs to be average/adequate, unless he desires else wise.

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

That explains a lot.....

I agree with others. No offense, but if you can't use simple punctuation and spell anything correctly, how do you expect to perform well in a magnet school.

10. maestro55 macrumors 68030

maestro55

Yeah, Magnet schools (at least in my area) were designed for students who were above average in their skills. Grammar is an important skill to have even in technology. I am not bashing the OP because I know that I am not the best writer but then again I am not the one trying to get into a school for talented individuals.

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut