Getting into Photography, Need advice.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by gamerz, Aug 13, 2007.

1. gamerz macrumors 6502

gamerz

Hello everyone,

I am just getting into photography and am very interested in it. I have taken some recent photo's, and was needing some advice on a few things. You can see the photos at:

http://ericdepaoli.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album01... Note that None of these photo's have been modified in anyway.

Click to enlarge them, you might need to copy and paste it into bar. Also note, the camera that I have is a Sony Cybershot 7.2mp. I mainly take macro pictures, since they are the easiest. Here is what I need advice on:

What camera would you recommend for an intermediate photographer?

An SLR is to expensive for me, so preferably just a digital with a fast shutter speed.

Also, if you have comments or suggestions for the pictures, please tell me how I could improve or some advice.

Thanks!

2. form macrumors regular

form

3. gamerz thread starter macrumors 6502

gamerz

That is very neat. Although I do not think it will work for a small lens. Also, I only do macro because it is the easiest for me. I would like to try some other photography besides it.

4. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

I agree with the other poster. If you can't afford a new digital SLR, then buy a second hand one. If you want to move into more creative photography, you'll really need one. Even the original Digital Rebel is good enough (that's what I shoot with). You'd want to get a reasonable lens to go with it, and fortunately Canon make a 50mm lens which has amazing quality and it's cheap: the Canon EF-50mm 1.8.

5. PCMacUser macrumors 68000

PCMacUser

Don't be afraid to use photo editing software - it's all a part of the creative process. And watch the horizon on those landscape shots - try to keep it level. These types of things will come naturally after a while... just keep shooting.

6. gamerz thread starter macrumors 6502

gamerz

I would, if my computer that I am using could run it. I downloaded the trial of photoshop cs, but it worked very slowly.

7. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

I have am in the same situation as you, just I am saving for the Nikon D40 with 60mm Macro Lens (this will take a while, since I want my macbook first)

anyway, I have the same camera as you, and I also like macro pictures, I personally think if you can't afford any SLR cameras, then stick with your current one, I personally think it takes great pictures... keep it untill you can afford a Nikon D40, from what I have read, and seen, they take great pictures, and they are easy to use...
    so just keep your current camera, and save up for an SLR