Getting iPad 2 soon, but smart cover colors?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by seong, Oct 24, 2011.

1. seong macrumors 65816

seong

I've been on this forum since 2010, thinking I would never ask questions or advices about buying Apple products, but since I don't own an iPad 2, I have no clue what to actually do with smart cover colors.
    I'm planning on getting the White one (can anyone tell me why I should get White or Black ones? Advantages&Disadvantages?) and I'm thinking of getting the new dark grey smart cover. Does anyone have an White iPad (or black one) and have a particular color that you think goes well with your iPad?

Thanks in advance.

2. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

I have a white iPad and feel I have to have a cover in a complementary cover. I started out with the light grey polyurethane cover, it looks pretty good. I upgraded to the cream colored leather cover and I think it looks much better. I feel having a dark cover on a white iPad looks out of place.

3. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

Hm.....
    I may just do that, but I would like to try some and see which one I like the best, but I don't want to spend that much time either.....

4. kevintech macrumors 6502

Must be nice when the color of your smart cover is your biggest dilemma of the evening

5. darngooddesign macrumors G3

It is nice.

OP. Its a very subjective thing. I chose the orange one for my whote iPad because those are the colors of my favorite motorcycle. The red cover and lime green look nice on the white as well.

As far as white or black iPad, there are a lot of existing threads covering the pros and cons of each.

6. saberahul macrumors 68040

Personally I prefer the leather ones... black on a black iPad seemed weird so I went with the Navy Blue. BTW, you can get the smart covers for substantially cheaper on Amazon. I got my leather one for around $48 (it's the same one that Apple sells).

7. takeshi74 macrumors 601

It's a matter of personal preference. Do you really not know what you prefer? :confused:

Why you "should" or "shouldn't" get any color is up to you to determine. I always suggest pink for those that can't decide. :p