Getting iPhone 4 today :D but

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Graeme43, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Graeme43 macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

Hey I managed to sell my iPhone 3G and was excited on getting new iPhone 4 today :D then I phoned Apple, they have none in stock and nor do O2 ::(: Just Orange and Tescos :confused:

I am willing to switch carriers to get an iPhone 4 but I have only ever had 1 iPhone and never had to upgrade :confused: lol do i have to cancel my O2 first before the other phone? Id like to keep my number :)

2. f4780y macrumors 6502

f4780y

If you want to keep your number you need to get a PAC code from O2. Check their website or google it... You give this code to your new carrier, and it allows them to transfer the number across carriers and SIM cards. It is not instant though, so you should get it underway right now!
    Might be worth checking with o2 again, to see when they expect stock. It may be only a few days, and therefore you might be just as well to order it and wait, as keeping your number whilst switching carriers is not an immediate thing...

3. jamied95 macrumors 6502

Can't you upgrade online with O2? They sell them online now anyway...

4. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

If your at the end of your contract, just request your PAC code. When you sign Up with a new contract, give them the PAC code to transfer your number.

Once your number transfers it automatically ends your old contract

5. Graeme43 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

None in stock and I'm impatient :D I got a 12 month contract with tescos now and a spankin new iPhone 4... I'd rather have the shorter contract to be honest.. not keen on 24mo

6. iphone4-UK macrumors newbie

o2 do have stock (every friday stock comes in). speak to the retentions department, they say 5-7days delivery due to weekly deliveries.

7. Graeme43 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

Dude have u seen the 3G and 4 beside each other? :D its soo amazing i thought the retina display wouldnt make much difference but no its really a must have :D

8. Graeme43 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

They told me I need to have the new sim in the phone and the phoned turned off all day wednesday to transfer the number :eek:

does it really matter if its in the phone and turned off? i mean if the phones off its the same as having sim lying out right? :confused:

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, pretty much.
    Have the sim in the phone and the phone turned off doesnt make much sense.
    They can do the transfer either way if the phone is on or off.

10. Graeme43 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

I think its just a standard practise they say to anyone just incase they are using the SIM to make a call when the transfer is taking effect :confused:
    :)

11. Graeme43 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Graeme43

Cool its transferred but signal in my room is a bit squidy :/ its 1 bar but it is consistent lol my 3G would fly from 3G to O all the time [​IMG]