Getting iPhone 4S and Giving Wife iPhone 4 - What to Do?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iHeartapple2, Oct 6, 2011.

1. iHeartapple2 macrumors 6502

iHeartapple2

Hey guys just a quick question. I am going to pre-order the iPhone 4s in the morning. I currently have the iPhone 4 and my wife has a iPhone 3GS and I am going to give her my iPhone 4. I am guessing I will need to restore the iPhone 4 back to factory settings and sync with her iTunes account along with switching her sim card from the 3GS to the iPhone 4. Is this all I need to do?

2. Raima macrumors 6502

Need to backup and sync both phones first before u restore phones to default.

3. iKnowMr.Jobs macrumors regular

iKnowMr.Jobs

4. Miamifan1354 macrumors member

Sorry for the hijack, but same kind of questions. This is just what I'm thinking.

I have a 3gs, she has a 4. She wants the 4s, and I'm going to take her 4. I'm upgrade eligible.

If I order with my upgrade, and then just swap sims (her's in the new phone, and mine from the new phone into her old 4) and do the proper backups, everything should work?

New phone sim would be for me, and her sim would be the same? Just want to make sure before I go through with it all.

5. rutujacreation macrumors newbie

If you were waiting for the iPhone 5, which is managed by AT & T and Verizon LTE Network Superfast or a larger screen size, 4S to Apple s iPhone has been an enormous disappointment. And the current owners of the iPhone 4, there is no reason to upgrade. If you are looking for smart phones this year, however, the iPhone 4S is a choice that should be considered for updating the camera, and Siri, a new personal assistant.

6. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Would an easier option be to take the sim out of your existing iphone4 and put it into the new iphone4s and take the fresh sim that you took out of the iPhone4s and put that into the iphone4 that you are giving to your wife.

That way your existing activated sim will be in your new phone ( and you can restore your data from your backup) and her phone will have a fresh sim that you can activate from her 3GS backup?

Will that work without even having to contact AT&T?

7. 390kwt macrumors newbie

i did what nippy suggested on a 3G to 3Gs switch and it worked fine without the need to do anything with ATT. Presume it'll work the same way this time around.
    like to hear from others to confirm