Getting iPhone 4s with Unpaid Bill

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zflauaus, Oct 20, 2011.

1. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I'm planning on getting an iPhone 4s on Verizon this Sunday and just had a quick question (unsure if it can be answered here or not). My billing cycle ended on the 16th and has not produced a bill for the past month. If I weren't to pay the bill before then, would Apple (and by extension, Verizon) let me purchase the iPhone still? I've heard mixed reports on this.

2. MallCop macrumors 6502

Wondering this too. Was turned down last week from opening a new line could it be from not having paid the bill yet?

3. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'm not sure, but if you gave Verizon a shout and asked them, you could probably get a pretty solid answer.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If the bill is past due you will not be able to receive the subsidized price.
    If its not due yet by the date you go in for an upgrade and you still have time to pay it then you should be ok.

5. zflauaus thread starter macrumors 65816

I got this answer on Twitter as well. If I have issues, it would be a quick payment on Sunday if need be. Thanks!

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, that would be your best bet.
    Good luck with the new phone.

7. josjo18 macrumors newbie

Also depends on company's updates- if bill payment is all that's needed to upgrade, may take a day or two to be eligible in system.