Getting iPhone 6 when iPhone 6S comes out...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HIMAN1998, Aug 31, 2015.

1. HIMAN1998 macrumors 6502

HIMAN1998

I am looking at getting away from Android (have a Nexus 5) and going back to iPhone (had a 5 when it came out). That being said, I don't need the latest, especially when it comes to iPhone. Unlike Android, in my experience it doesn't slow down as it gets to be a year or two old. So, I'm looking at getting the iPhone 6 64GB when the 6S is released, mostly because of the price drop at that time. If the 6S is somehow much much better, I might just get that instead. So here's my main question: within a week of the release, will I be able to walk into my local T-Mobile store and expect to be able to walk out with a new 6 in the 64GB configuration? Also, have iPhones changed since I last used them in that they will be slowing down faster than they used to? My Android phones all slow down within months of getting them, and I don't want this again.

2. CYKBC macrumors 6502

I wouldn't get the six period. Preponderance of front camera crescent issue and clicky screens. Crossing fingers 6s is sorted.

3. HIMAN1998 thread starter macrumors 6502

HIMAN1998

After coming from a Nexus 5, if I have those issues I will still have a better quality phone. My N5's screen feels loose, is miscolored at darker colors, headphone jack doesn't hold in the plug anymore, and the charging port is the same.

4. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

The front camera crescent is purely a cosmetic issue. I've had the 6 since last November, and I never even noticed the crescent until about a month ago when someone was making a fuss about it here. Fortunately it doesn't bother me. No clicky screen for me either.

The thing is, the 6s will probably have some small cosmetic flaw that will drive certain people crazy too. On the 5s some people couldn't stand that many units have a slight rattle or, the the home button was too clicky. On the 5, people said that the black model showed scratches too easily. It's always going to be something. On the 6s, one of the volume buttons will probably be crooked by a 10th of a degree or something and people will go crazy.

5. CYKBC macrumors 6502

Two sixes one regular the other the s had odd home click buttons for me as well. We buy aesthetically pleasing apple products at a premium price. It is a visual issue and it's absolute **** from Apple. I've had three new units feature clicky screens. Annoying.

My 5s is solid. 6s hopefully will be better.

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 68040

Well, if the aesthetics is what you care most about, the latest Samsung phones have metal unibody designs, and with smaller bezels too.

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

They probably will still be available, but if Apple follows previous patterns it will be the low end storage model that remains available so the 64GB models might sell out quickly and be gone if you are planning on buying new.

8. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

You're likely pretty safe, this being tmobile. And if. It, you can likely order online.

I went with the 64 gb this year. I'm really hoping apple does the base model at 32gb though. My wife, who has never had issues before, has easily filled her 16 with photos and videos. It's a pain to have to constantly back things up (we use Flickr and Google but also like to back up to a hard drive for redundancy). I'm currently using 36gb but I can easily fit under that as I've never purged anything from my phone. My texts are currently taking up 4.2gb lol

9. Merkie macrumors 68020

Base model 16GB is pretty much confirmed already.

10. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Sad. Have we examined the storage on a board? Or how/where was it confirmed.

11. Merkie macrumors 68020

12. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Those are both examples of a very small but very vocal minority having issues. I personally haven't had the "colicky screen" or spoken to anyone who has. I do have a slight crescent, but it doesn't affect the camera. In fact, even in the long thread about it on MRForums, I don't recall anyone's being actually affected.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm under the impression its only a batch of iPhone 6 phones having this issue and apple is doing a recall to correct this AFAIK.

I have a 6+ so it may be different but my phone is in tip top shape.

14. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Yeah, very few from what I've seen.

15. bhayes444 macrumors 6502a

They have a metal frame with glass fronts and backs. Not really metal unibody.

16. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Well that's pretty depressing. I was hoping to avoid dropping an extra $100 when 32gb would fit my needs absolutely perfectly. I would even be fine with Apple increasing the base price by $50.

Oh well. Complaining here won't change anything. Here's to hoping Applensurprised me.

17. HIMAN1998 thread starter macrumors 6502

HIMAN1998

I'll probably go within a few days of the release. Hopefully they'll have a white or black in stock in 64GB.