Getting Iphone Case Or Not?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by KainAussie, Nov 27, 2008.

1. KainAussie macrumors newbie

im getting a iphone 3g and do i need a case or not??
    i have bought 1 off ebay

2. mcmanus7 macrumors 6502a

Depends... do you like finger prints/scratches?? that's the main reason I went with a case...

3. ajwchin macrumors member

I would say yes...if you don't like the bulkyness you can at least get an IS or BG or something like that

4. Silvek macrumors newbie

Protection of some kind is absolutely 100% necessary. I prefer the invisible shields, but the corners tend to peel off after some use.

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    +1 i love the invisible shield. If you take care of it, you can avoid the peeling for the most part. I've never really had that problem with my shielded devices.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I've been using the Rocketfish Clear Acrylic case from BestBuy and it has a screen shield built into it. Keeps my 3G iPhone well protected, so far...

7. duckkg5 macrumors member

duckkg5

I had mine on a bike mount to keep track of my paths ... well the mount fell off and the screen broke so I had to buy a new one. The guy at the Apple store was like "dude. get. a. case." and then suggested that getting a soft case is the same thing as getting a soft helmet - not as effective. Go for a hard case; think of it as $20-30 insurance.

8. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

Invisible shield FTW. The best Replace it every 1.5 years and ur good to go

9. Hellion macrumors member

Hellion

Get something to protect. Will totally help out if you decide to sell it later on when time comes to upgrade. Other than that, just good to get something to protect your toy! I ain't no spammer, but depending on if your into cases or not, try checking out IvySkin Quattro T-4. If Leather cases, from what I gather reading around this forum and others, Vaja is the way to go! NO matter what you do brotha/sista get do something to keep it looking good!

10. KainAussie thread starter macrumors newbie

just bought a naked case off ebay
    and getting my iphone for xmas cant wait
    16gb WHITE :)