Getting iPhone replaced....Question...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr. Giver '94, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I am a veteran of getting iPhone replacements, so I basically know how to go about it. I haven't gotten a replacement since September of last year. I need to go in within the next week, but I've heard that Apple won't give replacements if there is damage on the phone. Mine has a few scratches on the bezel from usage and a piece of sand that got stuck in the case. I also have a crack near the dock connector that has mysteriously appeared recently. Will Apple allow me to get a replacement???

2. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

3. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

It has been my experience that it is all about which genius you get. Since you are an expert on replacements you probably already knew that. I like to schedule my genius bar apt. around 8:45 close to closing time. Seems as if they are ready to get off and don't care. Once again you probably knew that also. Why are you needing a new one? You never told us that. That will factor in also.

4. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

go feed off the system somewhere else, it sounds like all you want is a new phone because your phone is showing signs of wear and tear

why are you asking us for help you seem to be a veteran at this :rolleyes:

5. daflake macrumors 6502a

veteran = thief :eek::rolleyes:

6. Tubink macrumors regular

My old original iPhone had seen better days. I dropped it on the silencer switch, where you can plainly see physical damager, and that switch would not work without some work. Also the matte finish was scratch a lot. However Friday I went in, explain that the iPhone would show the "Accessory not made for iPhone" in the official iPhone docks, and I got a brand new iPhone.

All in all, I think it depends on the Genius you see.

7. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

if your trying to get a replacement because youve messes up the cosmetics on it were not gonna help you scam apple