Getting iphone6 shipped to address not billing address?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Sep 12, 2014.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Been on holding form45 min with apple trying to change it. About to hang up.

Should I cancel my preorder and re place it with a new shipping address? 64 black att 4.7 still showing launch delivery

2. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I don't know about other carriers, but it has always been this way with AT&T. They will only ship the phone to the name and address that is listed on the AT&T account. You can use a different billing address to pay for it, but it will still only ship to the address that is on file with your AT&T wireless account.

If you want to use a different address login into your AT&T wireless account and change it before you preorder and then you can have it shipped where you want.

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

cant do that. have two phones that are set to go to billing address of att account.

should I cancel and do store pick up locally? I think that might be best bet..

but worried about upgrade eligiblity.

When do you think these preorders will prepare for shipment?

4. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

Getting iphone6 shipped to address not billing address?

Some people in another thread are saying their orders are already preparing for shipment.

The preorders normally ship from China, so they probably need to process them quickly to get them to the states by the 19th.

Now if your delivery date is later than that you might have a chance. I'd call Apple (or stay on the line if you haven't hung up yet) and see what your options are.

5. Aston.Zagato macrumors member

For the iPhone 5, had this problem. Got address changed & still got my phone delivered on launch day.

Here's what I did:

1. ASAP go to AT&T's website & change your billing address to the address you want the phone shipped to (You can always change it back after you receive the phone & no you don't have to change the 'permanent address' associated with the phone #)
    2. Immediately call Apple Store Customer service (Yes - long wait) & have them change the shipping address on the order & confirm the delivery date is the same

Within 1-2 days Apple Store order info auto-updated with the new shipping address & my phone delivered on time. But you could always just wait in line on Launch date & cancel your pre-order from the store once you know 100% you'll get the one you want :cool: