Getting iTunes content onto iPhone via computer sync after I activated via wifi.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wackymacky, Nov 25, 2011.

1. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Finally got my new iPhone 4s, (works like a race car compaired to my old 3G)

Any way, I set it up via wifi when I powered it up using my old MobileMe Apple ID (@me.com) which I had just migrated over to iCloud on my iPad and iMac.

Like magic all my contacts by contacts and calendars are sync over the air.

I changed the settings for store in settings to my @gmail.com apple ID with which all my iTunes and apps had been bought. (just like I did on my iPad when I upgraded it to ios5 and migrated the iPad to iCloud)

When I go to the iTunes store app on the phone it will let me download all my purchases from the store using the @gmail.com by clicking the cloud button.

HOWEVER: I thought as there is several hundered songs, I would just sync it with iTunes on my iMac (which is signed in with the same @gmail.com Apple ID.

When I plug the phone in to the Mac and open iTunes it tells me that it is a new iPhone and I can either 1) restore to a back up of the old iPhone (3G) which doesn't sound like a good idea, or 2) set up as new phone.

I'm concerned if I chose set up as new phone it will wipe the setup that I have done already with iCloud.

What is the best way to proceed?

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Why would be restoring from a backup be a bad idea?

3. wackymacky thread starter macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Wouldn't this try and downgrade the iOS to that of the old 3G phone?

4. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

No it's just going to restore you settings.