Getting iTunes crap off my old MBP HD- Need Help :(

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shannashedevil, Aug 4, 2010.

1. shannashedevil macrumors newbie

Aug 4, 2010
    Long story short: My old Macbook Pro met an untimely death and I got a new one. I have the old harddrive, which I converted to an external harddrive so I could get all my old stuff off of it. I cannot seem to get the iTunes stuff off of there, though. It just isn't happening. Every time I try, it gives me the license agreement dialogue and then says some nonsense about a newer version of iTunes blahblahblah. I tried upgrading the new iTunes, but no dice. Anyone have any advice?
  2. spinnerlys Guest

Sep 7, 2008
    forlod bygningen
    How did you try to get "the iTunes stuff" from the old HDD?

Did you try to copy the iTunes folder from Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Music / to your new Mac? And when do you get the "license agreement" dialog in the copying process?
  3. shannashedevil thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 4, 2010
    I did copy the file (which worked fine for moving iPhoto), but it gives me the same dialogue about it being created by a newer version of iTunes. I'll try moving the iTunes folder and see what happens
  4. TopHatPlus macrumors 6502

Aug 1, 2010
    Southern Ontario
    iphoto is a little different generally they are photos taken by you, but very little music the user made, i would try goiing to the file folder and select "add to library" select the music on the drive and try that, it should work as though you had msuic in a folder seperate from itunes, lmk how it work out