Getting iTunes Movies into different iTunes library and Computer?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dadoftwogirls, Mar 23, 2011.

1. dadoftwogirls macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

My older daughter has grown up and moved out. :( We have a bunch of movies that over the years we bought in iTunes together under my account. She would like to transfer/copy some of them into her own iTunes library / computer so she can load them on her own iPad and iPhone to enjoy. Is there a way to do this?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes, if you don't mind giving your daughter your iTunes account ID and password. She would then authorize her computer with your iTunes account. Then copy the movie files from your computer to hers, and they should play. You can authorize up to five computers with each iTunes account. Just make sure to remember to deauthroize your old computers when you move on to new ones.

3. Bluemeanie1976 macrumors 6502a

Bluemeanie1976

Just authorise her itunes account to use your media. You'll be able to swap and change whatever you want.

Attached Files:

4. dadoftwogirls thread starter macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls

So do I copy the files from my iTunes library onto a drive and then she downloads them into her library to authorize?

Thanks for the help.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Basically yes, but I'd suggest she authorize her computer first before copying them onto her computer. That is, it's the whole computer that gets authorized, not individual files.

6. dadoftwogirls thread starter macrumors 6502

dadoftwogirls