Getting keynote '09 animations to work in Powerpoint

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by to1986, Nov 9, 2009.

1. to1986 macrumors regular

Im having a slight issue with compatibility with keynote and powerpoint, and i was hoping I could get some help. I have been using keynote 09 for a while now, but of course I have to save it in powerpoint format as most of the places I give presentations only have powerpoint. When opening animated presentations in powerpoint I have noticed that the animations dont work. Either they change to somehting different, or the whole slideshow just freezes. Is there something i am doing wrong? Are there certain animations that cant work with powerpoint? any advice would be appreciated...

thanks

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I would export to Quicktime, compatibility is a nightmare in terms of animations.

3. to1986 thread starter macrumors regular

As in export the whole slideshow in quicktime? I hope you havent misunderstood me, when i said animations I meant when animating text, transitions between slides etc...
    r u talking about those kind of animations? is exporting in quicktime the only solution? if thats the case i may as well switch back to office...what a hassle!

4. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

If you have animations of any kind you should forget about exporting it to Powerpoint. It's Quicktime or nothing in these types of situations.

5. to1986 thread starter macrumors regular

how annoying is that...back to office then! how is office running on snow leopard by the way? i know there were a few issues with spaces...have they sorted that out?