Getting Leopard on Monday, have Questions

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Burnsey, Oct 28, 2007.

1. Burnsey macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, tomorrow I'm going to go down to our university store and get a copy of Leopard.

Earlier today I went to see for myself how Leopard was, and I was fairly impressed. I like the dock, and the blue light under active applications is NOT hard to see. The transparent menu bar looks great, not horrible like some have mentioned. Everything was silky smooth and worked perfectly and overall I must say it's much better than Tiger. I've read a ton of complaints on this board, and I disagree with 99% of them (I was testing this on a new 24 inch imac with 1gig of ram).

Now I have a 2.33ghz MBP (2gigs of ram) with 10.4.9 installed. I do not have any third party applications other than a couple of widgets and the usual Photoshop and Office. Tiger has worked flawlessly for me, no troubles there. Therefore I wonder if upgrading would be a good choice for me? Rather than erase and install etc...

would you guys recommend this based on my situation? I want the end result to be as smooth as I experienced on the imac in the store (though I don't know if that was an upgrade).

any words of advice would be appreciated!

2. bigandy macrumors G3

bigandy

If you're a Photoshop user, wait.

There are reports trickling in that there are some issues with it - but if you're not a heavy user, or not tied exclusively to PS, try something like Pixelmator instead.

3. Burnsey thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmmm I am a somewhat heavy photoshop user, currently I'm running version 8, but I'm getting CS3 soon, don't know if these are going to be issues? Also has rosetta improved with leopard?