Getting logged out the forum

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by chipandegg, Jul 30, 2010.

1. chipandegg macrumors regular

chipandegg

Sometimes when using this forum and a couple others, I'd be writing a post, press submit and then be greeted by the log in screen. With this forum I can click back and the message will still be there, so I don't have to re-write it.

I've already logged in though and for some reason I'm being logged out, any ideas? Obviously I don't log my self out, and don't clear the cookies/log ins, don't delete anything for that matter.

I just wondering, could it be a wider issue. I'm using FF 3.6.6.

Thanks

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

The forums have a time-out so if you don't actively do something for 20 minutes, I think, you'll be logged out. To prevent this, click on "Remember Me" when logging in.

3. chipandegg thread starter macrumors regular

chipandegg

Thanks

I never knew 20 mins could go so quick, or take ages to to write my posts! lol

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

The forum time-out period is 15 minutes. Another thing you could do if you don't wish to click the "Remember Me" option when logging in is to simply hit the "Preview Post" button every so often while you're writing your post. It'll keep your session active and also give you the ability to see how your post is shaping up for formatting and proofreading purposes.