Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leon.guan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
After upgraded to DP6, I am getting messages like:

```
You are opening the application “Bartender” for the first time. Are you sure you want to open this application?
```

at each system startup. I have to click confirm for all of dialog. And they will come back at the next boot up.

Tried to rebuild the launch services, clean caches, no luck.

Any hints for getting this annoy issue resolved?

Reactions: adrianlondon

realpras

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2013
I have this issue, too. Every app I choose to open on startup shows this popup notification. Fix to this issue would be much appreciated.

leon.guan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 14, 2010
I have this issue, too. Every app I choose to open on startup shows this popup notification. Fix to this issue would be much appreciated.

I already reverted to DP5, and I am seeing someone else having the same issue, really annoying.

hojx

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2014
Singapore
After upgraded to DP6, I am getting messages like:

```
You are opening the application “Bartender” for the first time. Are you sure you want to open this application?
```

at each system startup. I have to click confirm for all of dialog. And they will come back at the next boot up.

Tried to rebuild the launch services, clean caches, no luck.

Any hints for getting this annoy issue resolved?

I have about eight apps that are doing this.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Have you tried toggling this between Mac App Store and identified developers and Anywhere?

Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 2.44.17 PM.png

iCloudStrife

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2015
This has happened to me with every app on every Developer Preview. I thought it was normal.

dfran1

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2008
I have the same problem on my macbook pro BUT no problem with my mac pro, so this is not normal.
I think it is a permission problem, because I also could not add safari extensions until I fixed the permission on that folder.
So now that apple removed the permission fixing, what program can I use to fix permissions that may actually fix this problem, PLEASE!!

dfran1

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2008
So far totally removing, reboot, and reinstall did nothing.
I tried the permissions reset app to a few and nothing.
I tried manually changing permissions and nothing.
Unless I am not finding what it needs??

I do know I loaded the beta on both my macbook pro and mac pro the same day and all updates when they came out the same day, BUT my mac pro does not have this issue at all and the same apps I use on it.

dfran1

macrumors 6502
Apr 18, 2008
I figured it out (well sort of)
I have duplicated the problem on both my macs.
This only shows up when you
- system preferences
- security & privacy
Put a check mark in the box labeled "Disable automatic login"
Uncheck it and no first time pop ups, check it and they pop up all over again on reboot and restart.
I filed a report with apple I suggest you all do also, PLEASE.

shafnitz

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2011
I'm having this issue as well. Additionally, many of my startup items weren't running at a all.

I ended up booting into recovery mode and reinstalling base El Capitan (not formatting) and then updating up to public beta 2. Everything is back to normal now, so I'll keep it this way and hope the next public beta fixes this issue.

dianeoforegon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2011
Oregon
Uncheck it and no first time pop ups, check it and they pop up all over again on reboot and restart.

This worked for me as well. Sending feedback.

shafnitz

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2011
I figured it out (well sort of)
I have duplicated the problem on both my macs.
This only shows up when you
- system preferences
- security & privacy

I don't see a "Disable automatic login" check box. Perhaps some other setting removes that option?

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
I also have FileVault enabled so couldn't try the above "fix". I only had the issue with BetterTouchTool but it seems to have been cured after yesterday's update to the Command Line Tools. That could just be a coincidence of course, but the last few reboots have been clear of those messages.

jlormsby

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2008
I am seeing this too, but it is not for EVERY item I have as a Login Item. The following items that I have as Login Items DO NOT pop up the message.

ChronoSync
iTunes Helper
AdobeResource
Keyboard (actually Keyboard Maestro)
NoteBookHelper
HazelHelper
USBOverdrive
XtraFinder

The following DO pop up the message repeatedly

Mountain
BookMacster
ScanSnap
Fantastical
Dropbox
Moom
DragThing
EvernoteHelp

I submitted a but report via the feedback assistant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.