Getting macbook in 1 week but am reconsidering....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jmanstk, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Jmanstk macrumors member

Ok so in a little over a week im going to an Apple Store (hour and a half away) and getting my first mac. I have been browsing these forums and it seems to me like a lot of people are having trouble with macbooks, both hardware and software. Especially after this 10.5.3 update im noticing lots of people with problems. It's actually worrying me, since if it get one and its bad, then i have to drive an hour and a half to get another one. Im thinking about getting an iMac instead since they dont seem to have as many issues as macbooks, but i really need the macbook for college :(. Any suggestions? Or words to reassure me that a macbook will be good?

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

People only post online when they have troubles, most are fine. Most are great actually.

3. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I believe the problems with the update only applied to much older Macbooks with the older graphics chip. I have applied it to my 2.2GHz MacBook and it is fine.

4. ktbubster macrumors 6502a

ktbubster

I agree, you should be fine. My macbook is perfect :)

But, as far as basic things, just open it in the store and check it out and play with it for a few min... hell, even play with it for 30 min or set it up in the store, and if you have problems there will be people there to help you! If you are driving 1.5 hours, you may as well stay there for a while and get all the help you can! :)

5. Jmanstk thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, you guys are right. I suppose if you look at the number of macbooks that are sold, and how many posts there are about problems it doesnt even compare. Thanks for the reassurance though, cant wait to get my blackbook!!!