iPad Getting Max brightness from iPad Air

Discussion in 'iPad' started by barrett14, Jun 26, 2015.

1. barrett14 macrumors regular

I am trying to get the maximum brightness possible out of my iPad air so that I can see it better outdoors in direct sunlight.

I have turned auto brightness off, and moved the slider all the way to the right... BUT whenever I swipe up from the bottom of the screen and adjust the brightness that way, the screen is MUCH brighter when I put my finger on the slider, even though the slider is all the way to the right...?

Just to clarify - the slider is all the way to the right, but when I put my finger on it, the brightness bulb lights up and the screen is much brighter, but I can't get it to stay that way. As soon as I lift my finger off, the screen dims again. I have tried this with auto brightness ON and OFF, but generally I leave it off.

Any tips on how to get the MAX brightness possible from the iPad air?

Thanks!

2. cynics macrumors G3

That's an optical illusion.

When you swipe up from the bottom the screen dims into the background. When you put your finger on the slider it shows actual brightness so you can adjust it accurately. When you let your finger back off the slider the screen again dims into the background. Swipe the control back down and it brightens to where you just set it.

If that makes any sense.