Getting MMS to work with a Rogers iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Acronym, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Acronym macrumors 68000

ok so i am with rogers when i signed up (last october) i was told id get free txt video picture sending with 10 people of my choice.

so with that said i cannot send such said items to my 10 people or anyone for that matter.

i am on a 3GS
    no data (till june 27th) at which point ill be on a 500mb's of data
    i received a carrier update awhile ago from Rogers saying they activated MMs and tethering.

i phoned rogers waited 30 minutes only to be told i was being transfered to a iphone technician (who wasnt one). Then i was put on hold while being transfered to an iphone technition, again having to wait (according to them) over 30 minutes, at which point my iPhone decided to discconect the call like 3-4 minutes into my wait.

from what i have read i need a data plan to send MMS?

anyone have any ideas as to what i can do to get it up and running? (unless data is the isue) and if data is the issue am i required to have a specific ammount? (minimum of 1 gig?)

help is greatly appreciated

2. Acronym thread starter macrumors 68000

well aside from the fact that i got it to work (it was daa after all) thanks for the many replies. /end sarcasm

ah well what can you do huh?

so just to clarify those that want to send MMS need a data plan i am on a 500mb plan and that seems to sufice(sp?)