Getting movies onto the iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Punkwaffle, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Punkwaffle macrumors regular

Punkwaffle

I don't know if anybody else has had problems when trying to sync content with iTunes. Yesteday my iTunes froze up when I synced and it tried to transfer purchases back to my Mac. Reinstalled iTunes and then it worked.

Today, I imported some mp4s into iTunes and then attempted to add cover art, when iTunes just gave me a beach ball and eventually i had to force quit. So i tried to sync the movies sans cover art to the iPad and come back a half hour later to it and sure enough, they didn't sync either.

I love my iPad, but i have very little faith in iTunes. If anyone else experienced this or know a solution, please share.

Thanks!

2. FastangV6 macrumors regular

FastangV6

I had a couple of failed/hung syncs last night with my iPad/iMac. The first 2-3 syncs with the iPad worked great, but then it started getting stuck when sync-ing movies from itunes like you mentioned.

After force-quitting iTunes and unplugging/replugging the iPad into the computer, sync started working again, although I did see a lot of the beachball. I think my issue related to trying to add video to the iPad that it may not be able to play. I have several video files in my iTunes library that were converted using handbrake and they are specifically formatted for the :apple:TV, so I am pretty sure that was the issue that caused my sync to hang. Since then, I have selected videos that were formatted for the iphone/ipodtouch using handbrake and the syncs worked just fine.