getting mp3 from dropbox to iPad iPod

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Xeryuslee, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Xeryuslee macrumors newbie

Hey guys - is there any way to get mp3s residing in my dropbox to the iPod within my iPad without syncing via desktop iTunes?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

No, there sure isn't. You can however play those songs from within Dropbox without having them on your device. If you "favorite" the songs, Dropbox will use a certain amount of storage on your device for caching to make them load faster.

3. A420Turbo macrumors member

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

5. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Not sure if GoodReader can do that but I wouldn't be surprised if it could...GoodReader IMO is one of the MUST HAVE iPad apps...what an AMAZING app it is especially for just $4.99...talk about Bang-For-The-Buck!

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

What's so good about GoodReader? Want to give us some intel?

7. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Well, from what I read it was intended to be a multi-format pdf reader/downloader, but what interested me was it's ability to download video and audio files from iDisk, DropBox or basically any website directly to iPad...
    Then, once downloaded to GoodReader, the file can be assigned/opened to/by any available app that will play it...
    For example, this morning I download a tv show in a .mkv wrapper I had on my iDisk. After downloading it directly to the iPad2, I then transfered it to AVPlayerHD and was able to perfectly play the file...
    GoodReader can also wirelessly transfer files to and from any Mac or iOS device on your network...
    Oh, and it is an AMAZING PDF reader...
    GoodReader does MANY more things that I'm only now learning about as I just downloaded it yesterday after a good friend was raving about it...

8. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Cool, thanks.

As of now, Terra, Dropbox and LogMeIn do all that for me just fine.

9. Fauno macrumors newbie

mp3 Dropbox to iPad

There's an easy way to do it with without Goodreader? Coz i think it is very complicated, despite GoodReader shold be very handy; as newbie (sorry) i need a easy way- one step-by-step way yo accomplished transfer my musiCs from DropBox to my iPad.

Thank YOU in advance in any kind of help from.\o/
    Fauno
    ayrescar@hotmail.com