getting music and contacs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by n0greenfx, Jan 3, 2008.

1. n0greenfx macrumors newbie

hey i had to reinstall the os x on my macbook. everything was erased. all my contacts and music is stored on my iphone how can i synce everything back on to my mac from my iphone??

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Check your External...

Hard Drive. Hopefully, you backed-up everything? :cool:

3. n0greenfx thread starter macrumors newbie

i did not do a back up but when i first got my macbook i did not have a problem getting the songs from my iphone onto my macbook and getting it all synced i ust cant remeber how did it

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

My brother had a similar...

situation, but he went to the Apple Store to get it repaired or remedied. Sorry---:cool:

5. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

for music there is a program called senuti, im not sure about contacts though

6. n0greenfx thread starter macrumors newbie

7. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

this is true, i just tried it, no success, sorry

8. m477h3w macrumors 6502

As far as I understand it, or at least from my experience, when you plug your iPhone into a Mac and the contacts are different it asks which way you want to sync. For example, when I edit contacts on my iPhone, then plug it into my Mac to sync, a box pops up telling me that the contacts are different on the two devices, and asks me if I want to sync from Mac to iPhone, or iPhone to Mac.

In other words, if you plug your iPhone into your computer it should give you the option to sync the contacts on your iPhone back to your computer.

Unfortunately the music side of things is a completely different situation, and I am not sure what to suggest here :confused:

9. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

the only thing is that it only does that if the iphone is previously synced with the computer and if he had to reinstall stuff the computer may not recognize that the iphone was at one point synced with the computer