Getting music off an iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by GFLPraxis, Oct 11, 2010.

1. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Sorry to reiterate the age-old question, but I keep getting swamped in ads and conflicting or old results when I google.

A friend of mine recently lost all data on his HDD, and doesn't have a music library backup; but a lot is synced 2G iPod Touch.

What's the generally accepted best way to get that data off, and can it be done easily without purchasing a utility? I have access to both Macs and Windows PCs.

Thanks, and I appreciate the assistance!

2. mchad macrumors member

The program "expod" works really well, and it's free, I just used it today when i found my 6 year old iPod mini...haha

3. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

i have used senuti and expod exclusively and both have worked great. although, i believe expod is discontinued and there is a new product called detune.

4. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Just recently used "Pod to Mac" to get everything off my girlfriends iPod Nano to get it on her new iPod Touch and it worked great!

5. mchad macrumors member

I found it and downloaded it today...may not be putting out updates but it worked today with OSX 10.6.4