Getting my Blackberry to play nice with my Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Caralvarez24, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Caralvarez24 macrumors regular

Has anyone here figured out a reliable way to get pocketmac to sync with blackberry devices? I have a BB Storm and a MBA, this morning I finally got it to sync my contacts but it looks like that is all it synced. It does not even recognize that I have a media card in the phone. Most Mac users at the crackberry forums have had issues similar as well. Apparently RIM never has fully developed their Mac syncing app. Just checking if anyone on this side of things has found a reliable way.

2. Caralvarez24 thread starter macrumors regular

I have been thinking of using that but I have seen some issues with that as well so I want to learn more before I pay 40 bucks for it.

3. BORIStheBLADE macrumors regular

BORIStheBLADE

I read on a BB forum that BB is supposedly working on software for their phones. Hopefully it comes out soon.

4. Caralvarez24 thread starter macrumors regular

Ugh I hope so, you can tell the Pocketmac app was developed forever ago. The icon for the blackberry is a picture of an oooooooooollllllllllddddddddd model.

5. drewster macrumors member

It is like flipping a coin if it'll sync -- I found the first sync went okay when the BB was clear but after that.....

An idea I've played with is Windows virtual machine, and using Outlook and the windows sync client. Seemed useful, especially since both GMail and Me mail seemed ok, the Mobile Me does have a windows client sync to keep outlook upto date.

6. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

that pocketmac program off the BB site isn't really good

i bought missingsync. its the best 40 dollars i spent for my blackberry. i have had no problems with it so far.

7. Azin Squeeze macrumors newbie

I use Google for everything. Use A to G to upload your Address Book to google contacts and then download google sync to your BB to sync the phone book with your gmail contacts.

I have a two way sync going for my iCal and google calendar also so google sync on my BB syncs up the calendar on my phone and google.

Lastly I use Gmail in mail and on my BB so those two are slightly synced, I haven't set up mail for IMAP but if you do then it syncs up with the phone via gmail.

8. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

If you just want your contacts and calendar synced, I'd use google. If you want all that and music, notes, logs, etc, MissingSync is amazing. The bluetooth proximity sensor is also a very nice feature, so after the first sync whenever your BB is near your mac it does it automatically. Very much worth the money, and works flawlessly.

9. osin macrumors 6502

Best luck with syncing my BB I had using old version of Missing Sync (2.1 if I remember correctly), PocketMac sucked with more than two different calendars and either one deleted appointments on the phone or just doubled all of them. I've also tried new version of Missing Sync (the one that installs some software on the phone) but this doubled my contacts and couldn't find the way to fix it...
    anyway, the lack of the support for Macs from RIM and also the current prices of the 3G Blackberries (there is only one at AT&T => Bold) are pushing me towards the iPhone... :)

10. drewster macrumors member

Is this part of the BIS email service - or does it use data from your data plan?