Getting my ECID SHSH

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by C8XY, Apr 25, 2010.

1. C8XY macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,
    I’m having trouble obtaining my ECID SHSH using Umbrella.
    I enter the ECID in to the app and select saurik as the server (so it backs up on his server and locally on my mac) but I always get the message:
    “COULD NOT GET YOUR ECID SHSH FOR THAT MODEL/VERSION: SORRY”

I’ve looked on the blog and it seems others have had the same trouble but no one has replied with a fix as yet.

Are there any MR members here who have figured out how to resolve this?

(note: ive also tried apple as the server - no joy)

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

One of 3 problems
    This only works for 3GS, not 3G
    Did you modify the hosts file correctly
    Did you enter the ECID correctly

3. C8XY thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi, I'm using a 3GS on 3.1.2 and and im entering the 16 digit ECID as it showed in system profile.
    I have tried it with a standard hosts file and with an entry to point gs.apple.com to 127.0.0.1 but I still get the problem.
    Normally I can get this sort of stuff working but I'm following all the instructions and trying different options but it just won't work!
    Also, aren't you only meant to alter the hosts after when using tinySS?
    Thanks for your help!

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I used this ---> 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    It has always worked just fine for me.

5. C8XY thread starter macrumors 6502

Still doesnt work, I’m beginning to think it could be a software issue with Umbrella…
    Thanks anyway!

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I'm going to ask the obligatory help desk question -- You did previously upload your 3.1.2 SHSH file to Saurik's server, right?

Edit: And if you did upload it, it had to be before 3.1.3 was released. Just because you were on 3.1.2 at the time isn't enough.

7. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Somehow I doubt that. I have used Umbrella (just to see if it worked since Cydia has all my hashes going back a while) so I know it has worked for me and thousands of others.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Wait...are you trying to get your 3.1.2 SHSH? that ship has sailed. You can only get your 3.1.3 SHSH at this time.

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I read it that the OP couldn't get any (as in 3.1.3) SHSH stored.

But, who knows.

10. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I assumed that at first, but then I noticed that he mentions his firmware version as though it is somehow relevant...

11. C8XY thread starter macrumors 6502

Hi guys I'm trying to back up my 3.1.2 so I can downgrade if neccessary! I'm not runnin 3.1.3 and there is also no option for this in umbrella?
    I was given the option in Cydia to back up way back when he started saving the hashes but I never did it!
    I guess I've missed the boat then? Sorry if this thread is me having a total noob moment, but I thought that's how you back up?

I need some clarity :eek:

12. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

You can only get your SHSH for a version of the iPhone OS as long as Apple is still signing that version. The SHSH is not stored on your phone, nor is there any way to get it other than by requesting it from Apple's server. Once Apple stops signing, as they have for 3.1.2, it is too late to get it. Right now it is possible to get the 3.1.3 SHSH to guard against future forced upgrades, but if you declined the option to cache 3.1.2 when it was available, you're out of luck.

The good news is that by trying to get your 3.1.2 SHSH you've now got your ECID on file with Saurik, and should have your 3.1.3 SHSH (and any future version's) automatically stored. You can check by opening Cydia...it should say in green text at the top.

13. C8XY thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you, I understood it came from the Apple server but didnt realise 3.1.2 was no longer signed.
    At the very least this should clear things up for others who don’t realise.
    Thanks again everyone.

14. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

lol, then why didn't you just try to restore to 3.1.2 first? iTunes would have told you straight away.
    for anyone who can make it past the nonsense:p

15. C8XY thread starter macrumors 6502

why?

16. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

The only reason to have a ECID SHSH on file is to downgrade, in most cases to a version that can be Jailbroken.
    I cannot see a reason you would want it if you didn't know you couldn't restore to 3.1.2, and assumed you would know why this was.

17. joeblew007 macrumors newbie

Same ECID SHSH backup problem

I am using Umbrella and everytime I try to backup using Saurik or Localhost I get the error message "could not get your ecid shsh for that model/version sorry". When I backup using apple it seems to work fine and I have 2 files saved, one ends with "iphone-3.1.3.shsh" and the other "iphone-3.1.3.shsh.0.bak
    Is anyone else having this problem and does anyone know what I do to correct it?
    3gs running 3.1.3 with iboot 359.3 (if it matters)
    Itunes 9.1
    Windows 7 64 bit (yes I tried using umbrella and umbrella64)