Getting my first iPhone Tommorrow

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ant131531, Aug 1, 2009.

1. ant131531 macrumors member

Yay, i'm finally getting my first iphone ever. I had an ipod touch and i think this will be a tremendous upgrade for me. Wish me luck and hope i dont have any faults in the phoen itself and im one of those lucky ppl who have no problems and live on happily ever after :p. By the way, how long is activation via ATT store since that is liek 5 miles away?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Activation cannot be done at your house? As to the length of how long you are going to spend in there it depends on a variety of things: are you a new customer or existing, what features are you having and what AT&T's network is feeling like that day?

3. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I wonder where you live that the ATT store is open on Sunday. It certainly isn't here.

However, if you get it there it may be good to activate it there. I got my 3GS from Apple in the first rush, and even though it is my first iPhone I activated it at home.

4. ant131531 thread starter macrumors member

Haha its open from 12-6 im lucky aint i :p...but yeah i hope it isnt that long and i am a new customer...i knwo how to pretty much operate the phone and all...hopefully it isnt liek 40-60 minutes.. :/

5. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Congrats! If you buy it at AT&T they will activate it there. Activation does not take long at all. If you are a new customer, it may take just a bit longer since you have to set up the account and all that but no more than maybe 20/30 minutes if that.

6. ant131531 thread starter macrumors member

7. iUser4Lyfe macrumors 6502

Congrats. Activation shoudnt be too long if you are not waiting in line

8. blancoBronco macrumors 6502a

blancoBronco

welcome to the iPhone community!! the activation shouldn't be too long. I read a lot of people who posted on this site saying they were in and out of the store in 30 minutes or less. and as far as getting a phone with no faults, there's a pretty good chance urs will be perfect (like mine =P ). hope u enjoy the GREATEST CELL PHONE ON EARTH!!!

9. ant131531 thread starter macrumors member

Hehehe thanks, i just hope ATT don't screw that up..but im in atlanta where it thier headquarters so...i should be good..

10. GlassBullet macrumors regular

GlassBullet

Yeah don't worry about getting a messed up phone. The people who post on here about problems are just a very small percentage of the people who own iphones

11. jparris1 macrumors regular

Here in Memphis, some of the ATT stores are open on Sundays. Handy for people that work. Less crowded than on Saturdays too.