Getting my first IPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by alexny213, Apr 9, 2012.

1. alexny213 macrumors newbie

Im finnaly joining the rest of the world and getting rid of my blackberry today. i was just wondering if the 8GB IPhone 4 has enough storage on it for games photos and storage. i wont be putting music on it because i have an ipod so i think i should be okay. i just wanna hear some thoughts before i make my decision.

2. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Depends on how many games and photos you want to have on your phone. Some games can be 1gb and bigger. Personally, I wouldn't get anything less than 16gb. I currently have a 32gb 4S

3. mbell1975 macrumors 6502a

I would go for the 4s to be honest. If its absolutely not an option, the 8GB could work as long as you don't have a ton of content.

4. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

The 4S refurbished is only $149 on AT&T. You will not go wrong with it. Go with the 4S if the extra $50 doesn't bother you.

5. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

Congratulations. Get the 4S if possible. 16gig would be plenty for your needs. I started with an 8 gig iPhone and it fills up fast.

6. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Congrats!! It'll make a world of difference compared to your blackberry! Just as a quick note, the capitalization is "iPhone", you miswrote it twice and sometimes people can be jerks on here about stuff like that. "iphone" is ok, just keep the "i" non-capitalized :p (edit: when I got my first iPhone back in 2008 (the iPhone 3g) my mom wrote it in a note calling it the !phone. She later said "I knew it did something weird with the "i".")

I agree what everyone else here is saying.

An 8GB iPhone 4 should be good enough. You're storage space would be limited definitely, but if you don't put any music/movies on there you could probably manage with 8gb.

Personally the extra $100 (or $50 if you can get it refurbished) is DEFINITELY worth it to get the 16GB iPhone 4s because a)double the storage and b) a 16 month newer phone. the iPhone 4 is almost 2 years old and you will have this thing for at least 2 years... Just something to keep in mind

7. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Don't go for the 8gig. I did that on my daughters iPod and it's a constant battle of what are you going to delete to install this new app. So on my wife's iPad I went for 16gig thinking double the size will be plenty. Wrong again! I have the iPhone 4 (still an awesome phone in my opinion) 32gig and it's great. I will always go for the largest you can afford because you can't upgrade with a memory card later.

8. alexny213 thread starter macrumors newbie

im on my way to verizon and am getting the 4s 16gb thank you everyone for the replies!

9. Vell843 macrumors regular

Vell843

Alex welcome to the iPhone Army man!! I got my Verizon iPhone 4 8gb when it went on sale for online preorder back on February of 2011 and it's my first smartphone (coming from a LG touch). I am sure you will enjoy your new toy, feel free to pm me or post here on the forums with any questions you may have.

10. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

11. Ecoh macrumors 6502a

Ecoh

I got my first smartphone a month ago. Like you, I was going to get the iPhone 4, 8GB. Then I realized the 4S was only $100 more and came with twice the storage, so I ended up with the 4s 16GB. You will really enjoy it !

12. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Smart decision getting the 16GB 4S. With 8GB it will definitely fill up quick.