Getting my first Mac! =) iTunes Question.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Eminemdrdre00, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Eminemdrdre00 macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

Im so excited to be getting my first Mac! My desktop PC recently died, and I dont feel like fixing it. Ive needed a good excuse to switch and this is it! I just am wondering how easy it'll be to move my iTunes library from my PC to the Mac. If I make a backup disk using iTunes will that be good enough to get me up and running the way I was in Windows with all my album art and everything? Thanks!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yes you can use backup discs. You can also copy the files over.

3. Macvillain macrumors newbie

Yea, both of those would work

4. Eminemdrdre00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

5. Eminemdrdre00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

I just thought of one more question, didnt want to make a new topic for it. I'll also be getting an iPhone to go with the iMac (my first 2 Apple products!) Can I plug the iPhone into the keyboard to charge/sync, or should I use the USB port on the back of the iMac?

6. Metuas macrumors regular

Metuas

Apple claims that the keyboard USB ports work, but in my experience you have to plug it in to a back port. This is with my PMG5 though, Intels may be different.

7. SimonJ macrumors regular

I have an Alu iMac and an iPhone and for me it works flawlessly.

8. Eminemdrdre00 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eminemdrdre00

Awesome! I just heard that it wasnt as powerful, but Im glad to see the iPhone/iPods can be charged there!

9. kiwi031 macrumors member

Switching

Congratulations on your imminent switch!

The USB Ports on the Aluminium iMac keyboards are USB 2.0 and can charge/sync iPods and iPhones... USB ports on the white/plastic keyboards were only 1.1 and only suitable for flash drives and simple peripheral devices such as mice...

I also transferred my entire music library over using an external USB Hard Drive. I would have done it over WiFi except it would have taken an hour! Easiest way to do it is to open iTunes, and use Finder to 'drag' all your files 'into' the library if you get my drift..