Getting my first macbook pro in hours. Checklist recommendation?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ssacong, Jun 13, 2008.

1. ssacong macrumors newbie

Hi. I am getting my first Macbook pro in about 4 hours. I would like to ask everyone what needs to be done to see whether it's fully functional and not defect in anyway(LCD, Keyboard, Sound, Software)

and is there any website where I can find most recommended application for mac?

Thanks everyone.

2. Garemz macrumors regular

Make sure to get applecare you will thank me for that in the future.

Amazon.com usally has it cheaper.

Cheers
    Gary

3. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

actually the macbook pro will come with a year of applecare... after 11 months go ahead and pick up the extended care from ebay or sell the macbook pro and upgrade to a new one (the new owner can buy the extended apllecare and you save the 300 bucks):D

4. jayhawk11 macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

5. surferfromuk macrumors 65816

Yep, immediately turn on the 'two fingers on pad and click' for right click feature in the trackpad prefs...everything else will be perfect.

S/W : Always buy an Apple S/W option first if it exists (ie pro apps) - they just run better and are, arguably, the best in class.
    Pixelmator makes a great 'low budget' photoshop replacement...

6. holamiamigos macrumors 6502a

7. xaneshx macrumors newbie

If it is possible, I would get the Macbook Pro and open it in the store to see if it has any issues (whether it be yellow tinting or stuck/dead pixels). Getting any of those problems on a newly purchased computer would really make me mad.

8. Petey07 macrumors member

When I got my MBP, I didnt' check at the store, Assuming that's it's in good condition, and after 24 hours of having it, I realize that there were a stuck pixel in the middle of the screen WTF! They wouldn't let me do a exchange for free other than that, if i wanted an exchange they want me to pay a Restocking Fee? It's not my fault that there a stuck pixel (Like I wanted it to be there...) But overall, Everything is good!

Got my student discount on the laptop and apple care (310 dollar off)
    Printer/Ipod Touch Discount (399)
    So overall about 710 off the original total cost if I didn't apply my student discount,

But Here are some suggestions that You might take into consideration:
    Buy a hardcover laptop cover (got the clear one and like it)
    Laptop Cooler if you're going to use it for several hours straight
    Max the Ram out (got a good deal of www.newegg.com)
    Other than that, it's up to you.