Getting my iPhone 4S Tomorrow. What Accessories Should I get?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Alvi, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

Hi Guys, I will be getting my White iPhone 4S Tomorrow, What Accessories Should I get?

-A dock - Great Thingy to leave your device on while your at home, especially now that you can do wireless syncs... Is it worth it?

-A Bumper? - I was thinking about getting about getting a bumper but then I realized it would be better to get one of those cases that are like a little pocket, that way it's totally protected from scratches in my pocket, but not from falls if I drop it when I use it. Should I get both?

Also, If I get a bumper, what color works best on the white iPhone? Black or white? How can I tell if it's the old bumper that's for the iPhone 4?

- Apple In-Ear Headphones, I like the default iPhone ones but I was thinking about a little upgrade, is it worth it? Are they any good?

2. azm macrumors newbie

bumpers have issues about certain sized headphones not fitting. i ended up taking mine off because the AUX cable in my car wouldn't fit

you'll need a screen protector for front/back/maybe sides. like from zagg.com or bestskinsever.com

just a dock doesn't seem worth it. maybe an alarm clock/speaker dock.

apple's $79 headphones are definitely not worth it.

3. thedward macrumors newbie

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Dock will not fit with a case or a bumper. I have a white 4s with a black bumper and really like the look.

5. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Get a screen protector installed as soon as you take it out of the box.

6. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

^Don't do that or else you'll never get to enjoy the smooth glass

7. hizzaah macrumors 6502

my gf has a iHome dock she got from walmart and I can dock my iphone on it with a bumper if I take the little device-specific insert out first. idk that I'd use it as a long term solution though, seems a bit sketchy imo. It's fine if you're just leaving it on to charge, but I wouldn't use it this way if I was going to touching the screen while docked.

agree with the screen protector. Don't get something that's going to degrade the quality of the retina display though. I like the SGP Ultra..

8. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I would recommend getting a protector for the back though so you can set it down and not worry about scratching it.

9. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I use the Apple universal dock with my 'bumpered' iPhone 4S. I do not use any device-specific dock connector - just the dock itself. It's been this way since the iPhone 4 was released. Absolutely no problems, a bit wobbly, but otherwise fine. Dunno about the iHome, but I can't imagine it's too different.

10. julesw macrumors member

julesw

Glif case for tripod
    Olloclip wide lens and fisheye

if you like to take pix/video