Getting my iPhone today

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DialloM, Feb 24, 2008.

1. DialloM macrumors newbie

A few Q's

1. Do they have the refurb in store for sale?

2. After unlocking, syncing and what not, what is the first thing I should do with my iPhone in terms of applications.

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

They should have them...

just depends on which store you're going to. Just press and hold any one of the current webapps on you home screen, until they all begin shaking like a "bowl of JELLO" then you can adjust your webapps at will. You may want to add more webapps after you make some adjustments. Just press the "Home Button" and your set. I currently have 5 pages of webapps! :cool:

3. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

make sure to ask if they have any demo or refurb units-- they don't advertise that they have them!

4. BOSS10L macrumors 6502a

1) I would guess that most Apple retail stores do not have refurbs on site.

2) I don't know much about the apps for unlocked phones, I don't plan on jailbraking mine.

5. AMoeini macrumors member

AMoeini

Congratulations, I wish I were you. I get mine in a month or so :(

1) It is possible they do have refurbed units on site, but unlikely. If you want a refurb, order from the online Apple Store.

2) Once jailbroken, you can use installer to download apps. There are numerous tutorials on this, just search the web or youtube even.

6. Galapp macrumors regular

I didn't really get the answer... I wanna join on that question... should I wait or buy now?

7. hidehide macrumors 6502

Once again, I feel very sorry for those who didnt jailbreak their iphone..
    They paid $399, but using only 50% of its function..

Once you jailbroken and unlocked, you should get summerboard and customize, its really sux that you cant choose a theme on a jailed iphone!!
    Then there are tons of applications and games you can download..

You should also install SSH if it didnt install automatically.. and afpd if you are using a mac..