Getting my iPhone tomorrow!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dsilva2, Nov 11, 2008.

1. dsilva2 macrumors newbie

Picking up my phone tomorrow after a long wait for my contract to be up. I'm planning on jailbreaking it but I just had one question...will doing this wipe out my contact list or is it somehow backed up before the jailbreaking process? Thanks!

2. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

It depends on how you jailbreak it. If you restore first via the guide listed here, then you will lose your contacts.

I recommend synching them before doing anything anyway.

3. tylertech macrumors regular

You usually don't need to completely wipe out everything. Just make sure you backup though iTunes, so if anything does get deleted, all you need to do is sync it with your computer.

4. 7on macrumors 601

7on

If you're just buying it, why'd there be contacts on it?

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

doesn't take long to sync your contacts. If you have a mac and already have them ready to add to the phone just wait until after you jailbreak. If not, don't input them til you're done. It's be quite the waste of time to do it twice.

6. speedracer3000 macrumors 6502

you can backup in iTunes before jailbreak and restore you backed up data after jailbreak
    you can also sign up for a trial Mobile Me account and all your contacts (as well as calender etc.) will be sync'ed over the air. after you jailbreak and get your MobileMe account setting back on the phone, all the contacts just reappear automatically

7. tonyl macrumors 6502

He probably thinks contacts in iPhone are stored in SIM card, like other phones.