Getting my license in a week...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dlamin517, Jan 27, 2009.

1. dlamin517 macrumors 6502

I get my license in a week as well as my own car. So what do i need for my iphone 3g?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Check the laws in your area. Some places ban new drivers from using their phones while driving.

3. dlamin517 thread starter macrumors 6502

im talking about chargers and stands for gps and stuff. as well as playing music. my new car doesnt have aux so what should i use

4. Resist macrumors 68030

To stay off it while driving, no matter what your State's allow!

I am so sick of youngsters driving while texting or with a cell phone to their cheek. If you are going to drive....then drive and pay attention. Nothing is so important that it can't wait when you are driving. How many more victims are kids going to take out?

5. dlamin517 thread starter macrumors 6502

Trust me. I HATE kids who text and drive. And i dont like driving one handed so no phone unless i got bt.

6. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

First thing, Learn how to spell " LICENSE "

Other things:

1.If your car has an Aux jack get an aux cable with 2 headphone jack ports on each side.

2. Headset- any type will do, even use a headphone headset

3. Compatible charger- iPhone 3G is not compatible with older chargers because they took out firewire support so make sure the one you get is new.

4. A good case- if your going to be putting your phone down in the arm rest or somewhere like that get a sleeve or a case like an incase slider available at best buy, I have the gunmetal, very nice :D

5.Phone brace- Idk where to get one anymore , belkin makes one, but it's like a cup that you can screw an iphone holster to that fits in a cup holder

7. dlamin517 thread starter macrumors 6502

ya i know i was on my iphone. i know how to spell it

8. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

haha I was jk :D

9. swy05 macrumors 6502

Irony.

10. Andrew K. macrumors 65816

NICE :D haha

11. Resist macrumors 68030

Now that is what I like to hear. :)

12. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

You need to leave it in your pocket every time you drive until you are 21.

13. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Why do you people assume he wants to text and make calls on his car? He said he wants a stand for Maps, charger and something so he can listen to his music.

To the OP: I have this windshield holder and fm transmitter and charger. I can't tell you how well they work, though, because I just bought them and didn't test them yet since I don't have my car with me. But I think they will work great. The windshield holder is very sturdy even though it was cheap. I also like this fm transmitter because it can be used without the charger if I want to.

Attached Files:

14. dlamin517 thread starter macrumors 6502

ya which stand should i get for maps? i want to be able to use the gps while im driving and at the same time have it be plugged into the charger

15. oxdtown macrumors member

ebay iphone 3g fm transmitter

thats what i did and i found a all in one stand and transmitter for 15 bucks works great to

16. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

I didn't. ANYTHING he is doing, other than concentrating on driving, while driving the car should be avoided.

17. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Umm I would lay off using you Iphone in your car for at least a few months after your license. Even if you are a great driver, you are an inexperienced one, it's best not to have even slight distractions.

just get a normal iphone 3g car charger ( there are several), but don't use it while driving... yet