Getting my mbp uni-body hinge fixed? (pics)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by grubworth, Aug 2, 2009.

1. grubworth macrumors member

I ordered my 15inch MBP last November, and its been great, except for the loose hinge, its really loose, as in, when its standing i can move it freely a good inch up and down.

I'm not an obsessive here, I travel alot with my mbp, so scratches and such happen and i can live with them and don't get too bothered, but the hinge is bothering me when working.

From looking about I have not seen anyone's as loose as the mbp I have, it also isn't completely flush when shut, I can live with that, but not the loose hinge, it is rather annoying when opening the laptop and positioning the screen.

I have a small dent on the top left of my screen, its slightly bent out of place, i cant say when this has happen, but its there and I can live with it, as its hardly noticeable, but obviously it does show an impact which properly has effected the hinge,

also, the bottom casein has became warped some how,

would Apple repair this for me under warranty? I live far from a Apple store so i thought I'd get peoples views before I ring :).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

3. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

No...thats not normal. Try to get it fixed OP

4. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

I dont think the question was if the OP should get it fixed, rather it was would Apple fix it under warranty taking into account the obvious impact.

I think it depends to be honest, you might get a genius who would let it go, but you could also get one that sticks to the rules 100%, in which case they won't repair it.

If I were you, I'd go in and try to be really nice and just explain about the hinge and I wouldn't try to draw attention to the dent. If the genius mentions it just explain it, but again be friendly, you need them on your side.

Good luck