getting my sketches off my ipad to a computer

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Sossity, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I know this may sound obvious to others, but I am a new owner of an ipad1.

I plan on using it as a sketchbook, it looks there are alot of great sketching apps, but after a Google search, I did not seem to find a straight answer to how to get the sketches off my ipad, & onto a computer or external hard drive.

I know there is itunes, but I would like to be able to get to the sketches directly without itunes.

is this possible? is there a simple & direct way to do this? ie; connect ipad via usb to my computer & download the sketches.

where would the sketches be stored in th ipad dirctory? under it's apps? or in photos?

2. Ishmumrhmn macrumors regular

you can take screenshots with home+power then connect the ipad to the pc

3. laurenr, Apr 2, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2012

laurenr macrumors 6502a

What App are you using to make the sketches? In many picture related Apps, there is the option to "save". The image would then be transferred to your "Camera Roll" Album within your Photo App. From there, emailing it to yourself if one of many options to get it onto your computer. There are also Apps such as PhotoSync that will wirelessly transfer any picture from your iPad/iPhone to your computer.

PhoneDisk is an App that allows your device to be mounted as an external drive on your computer; you would just employ a simple drag and drop action for the transfer.:)