Getting my Touch serviced?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by atomheartmother, May 29, 2009.

1. atomheartmother macrumors regular

There seems to be a problem with my headphone out jack on my 1st Gen Touch. Sometimes it just doesn't work and I have to wiggle the headphone plug around to get it working again. I'm assuming this is something that is covered by AppleCare (it expires in December, I believe). Can I just take it to an Apple Store in the mall? Will they take care of it there, or do I need to mail it in?

How long does it usually take to get it repaired? What do I need to do?

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

You need to book a genius bar appointment at the store which you can do via phone, Internet or in store. Go to your appointment and a genius will give you best advice. Most likely it will be replaced. The store might have some first gen refurbs in stock, but if not you'll have to wait for delivery.

3. atomheartmother thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. Will I lose my game saves and such if I were to get this Touch replaced? In other words, are game saves synced back to the computer so that they can be synced to the new Touch?

4. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

Yep, let your Touch backup before you take it to the store, and just resync the new one allowing for the backup to go onto it and everything should be good to go. :)