Getting my touch tomorrow....what games should I have?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by digitalduck, May 15, 2008.

1. digitalduck macrumors regular

OK, I know of the simple games like yatzee, etc... but what about the really cool games...for instance is there any type of role playing game or adventure game like "broken sword" or "return to mysterious island" (i think thats what its called) I had games like that on my old pocket pc, and just want to know if i can still get those type of games..

2. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

I didnt think this question required a lot of thought ;)

3. mastershakess macrumors 6502

4. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

Ahh good point...i would say both, I plan on JB so might as wel hear both...thanks

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

iCopter, PuzzleManiak, Slots, Pool, Solitare are the ones I play most.

6. 7031 macrumors 6502

Get scummvm. Then you can play broken sword on your iPod touch, iirc.

7. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

So really are we waiting for apple to release a graphical adventure, or rpg or something or will it always be an emulator type situation?

8. Drucifer macrumors regular

As of yet Apple has not released any games for the iPod Touch. Right now the only option is 3rd party applications you can run once you jailbreak your iPod, emulation (NES,SNES, Genesis and so on) or web applications. Apple has a section on their site for different web applications but since WiFi eats the battery pretty fast I can't imagine actually using these to pass the time. Not to mention you will need to be somewhere with wireless internet anyway.

I play Mahjong, SNES, iSolitaire, iPool, iZoo, Parking Lot, iPhysics and that's pretty much it. I just recently got my iPod though.

9. digitalduck thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Drucifer...I have a question though. ITs a legitimate one since im transitioning from an ipaq pocket pc to the touch.. but can you even save anything? Progress etc? with these games?