Getting Nervous-iPhone3G issues

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Espo, Aug 13, 2008.

1. Espo macrumors 6502

I have had my iPhone 3G since release, and I have never had a problem until now. I remember reading everyone's issues with the phone, but most of them seemed like 2.0 lagging issues.

Now I am on 2.0.1 and I have been having some issues. My phone contacts are lagging along with some apps.

But some major things that I have noticed are:

• Phone shut off on its own once
    • A white screen with blue/yellow stripes appeared for a few seconds once
    • Can't restore correctly, I am stuck in a continuous restore loop. I must forcefully quit iTunes during a restore to get it to sync
    • Music stopped playing once, and wouldnt work until I reset it.

I really would like to get this problem solved, rather than receiving a refurbished iPhone. [i also did a great job applying bodyguardz and I dont wanna test my luck again:p] My service, 3G/WiFi/EDGE are fine, along with battery, and the plastic hasnt cracked, THankfully.

So should I bring it to the apple store and get a new one or just hope a restore resolves this?

2. sh0ckerturb0 macrumors member

sh0ckerturb0

so? little glitches like that happen every once in a while with every computer ever. if your nervous because of that damn.. you better get on meds for anxiety lol

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5B108 Safari/525.20)

Since a reset didn't work, do the restore. If that doesn't help then make an appointment at the Apple store. Good luck.

4. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I would do a complete restore. Sometimes it's best to have a clean start. Plus I think we forget the iPhone is a complex computer. I forget to reset it. I restart my iMac at least once a week, but often forget to reset my iPhone until there is a glitch. I try and restart my iPhone a couple times a week and I always restart it before applying an update. Maybe that will help. I hope so. :)