Getting new iPhone 4 because of some issues need help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SuM3rZZ, Nov 15, 2011.

1. SuM3rZZ macrumors newbie

I wanted to get a new iphone4 because my front and back glass have both cracked. The screens touch is faulty and my phone struggles charging and iTunes sometimes can't read it. I want to know if I go into an apple store if they would replace it free of charge there and then??

2. weemanpow3 macrumors 6502

weemanpow3

Sounds like your phone is severely water damaged based on your description of touchscreen faulty, battery charging, iTunes reading problems. At this point don't expect to get a free replacement. If it's still under warranty, then you might have a better chance of a free replacement. I have hear of Apple in the past replace even devices worse condition than yours without warranty. I guess that's all up to the genius. Don't take my word for it.

3. nmork macrumors regular

The warranty doesn't cover accidental damage, it covers defective hardware. Front and back glass being cracked isn't defective hardware.

In theory, the only you can get it swapped out under the warranty is by proving that there is a defect in the hardware unrelated to it being dropped.

In practice, though, who knows what'll happen. Worth a try.