Getting "no provisioned iPhone OS device is connected" error for simulator

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by twelvevolt, May 28, 2010.

1. twelvevolt macrumors newbie

I just recently started back on working on developing iPhone apps. I downloaded Xcode 3.2.2, and I am having issues with both my apps & sample code from apple.com. When I try to build & run the app, I receive the following error:

I have tried the various versions of the simulator iPhone OS all with the same result. I am not trying to build & run on a device - just the simulator. I have I have also completely removed Xcode and reinstalled.

I haven't been able to find any other things to try. Has any one else encountered this behavior?

Thanks in advance!

2. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A274b Safari/6531.22.7)

Is your target set to debug?

3. twelvevolt thread starter macrumors newbie

4. sinisa10 macrumors newbie

How did you fix the problem?

Hi twelvevolt, how did you fix this problem? I am having the same issue...
    Thanks

5. twelvevolt thread starter macrumors newbie

No. You may not like hearing this but, I had everything backed up everything thru time machine & reinstalled OS X & Xcode. Worked like a charm. Figured the 1 week invested in trying to figure out was more expensive than the 6 hours it took to redo the machine.

6. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

hahahahaha..

um, you could have just redesignated it from Device to Simulator on the main XCode window in a dropdown.

If you don't have that option, you just need to tweak one setting in your build options by right-clicking on the project and hitting "Get Info"...

Attached Files:

7. twelvevolt thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried that, and was receiving the error message even with simulator option. Tried many other things including removing Xcode completely & reinstalling, different devices, etc. Spent a fair amount of time researching and trying different suggestions. Again, a week of dinking around was a week lost. Sucked, but no more gremlins.